Public Open Meetings - June 2017
5th June 2017
Further to our update on the 8th May we are pleased to announce the dates of meetings to be held at the end of June 2017 about The Swan School.
These meetings will cover a range of issues including:
- the need for the school
- how the River Learning Trust came to be the proposing group
- the choice of the Harlow Centre Site
- the design and building stages with an approximate timeline to opening in September 2019
- opportunities for community involvement
We will also set out our plans for seeking to hear and respond to local needs in creating the education and pastoral plans for the school, how the proposed catchment area and admissions rules will be consulted on and set, and the overall vision for the school.
In the week beginning the 12th June we will publish an extensive list of Frequently Asked Questions as well as providing a weblink by which members of the community can submit questions in advance of the meetings.
We look forward to seeing members of the local community at these meetings.
- Monday 26th June 3.30-5pm* – St Nicholas’ Primary School, Raymund Road, Old Marston, OX3 0PJ
- Tuesday 27th June 6.30-8pm – New Marston Primary School, Copse Lane, Headington, OX3 0AY
- Weds 28th June 3.30-5pm* – St Michael’s CE Primary School, Marston Road, Marston, OX3 0EJ
*Please note that for safeguarding reasons at the 3.30pm meetings you will be required to sign into the schools and bring some form of identification, as children will still be onsite during these times. Please also note that at the 3.30pm meetings there will be no available car parking. Should you have particular access requirements please contact us in advance on email@example.com
There will also be a meeting not open to the public and just for the parents and carers of St Joseph’s Primary School on Thurs 29th June 3.30pm.
River Learning Trust